Solar Arcadia specializes in products that are both sustainable and reduce the carbon dioxide that you emit into the atmosphere. How else can you help protect the environment?
9 simple ways you can “Do your Part” and help the environment:
- Recycle! Pretty obvious, right? How many of us take the time or energy to recycle? Rather than filling landfills with items that will sit for a lifetime, recycle them so they can be reused.
- Cut back on emissions! This can be a tough one, as most of us drive. Look into a hybrid car, use public transportation and walk or ride your bike when possible (which is also good for you too!)
- Don’t waste electricity! Use solar whenever you can. Turn off lights in the room when not needed. Don’t leave cell phone chargers plugged into the wall when you’re not charging your phone, as it’s still using electricity. Use the Surge as a green alternative to charge your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Don’t waste water! Take quick showers, water the lawn only in the morning and use cold water as often as you can.
- Bring your own bags! When you go to the supermarket, bring your own shopping bag.
- Change lighbulbs! Switch to Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFL).
- Don’t litter! Not only is it bad for our environment, it also doesn’t look very nice.
- Avoid things that aren’t biodegradable.
- Volunteer! Help clean up litter, plant a tree and encourage others to do the same!
What is a Green Business?
Green businesses operate in ways that solve, rather than cause, both environmental and social problems.
These businesses adopt principles, policies, and practices that improve the quality of life for their customers, their employees, communities, and the environment.